It is the aim of Blue Chilli Car Contracts Ltd, Trading As Blue Chilli Car Leasing to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint:
- We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible and will work within the following timescales:
- Three Business Days– Once we receive your complaint, if we are able to resolve the matter by close of business on the third working day following its receipt, we will simply do so and advise you in writing with our Summary Resolution Communication.
- Five Business Days– If we are not able to resolve the matter as above, we will write to you within five business days acknowledging your complaint, confirming our understanding of the situation, and providing you with the name of the individual handling the complaint.
- Four Weeks– If we haven’t been able to resolve the complaint sooner, after four weeks we will send you either our Final Response letter (please see below) or a progress report explaining why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint.
- Eight Weeks– If we still haven’t been able to resolve the case before hand, at eight weeks we will send you either our Final Response letter (please see below) or an explanation why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint, giving the reason for the delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response.
PLEASE NOTE: A business day is a Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding bank holidays. When a complaint is received on a non-business day, or on a business day outside business hours, we will treat the complaint as being received on the next business day.
- We will ensure the person dealing with your complaint has the required skill, knowledge and authority to respond to your complaint. Our staff are fully trained and we operate a structured and robust complaints procedure to ensure all complaints are dealt with fairly.
- We will ensure the letters we send are clear and explain things properly. When we resolve a complaint you will either receive:
- Summary Resolution Communication– Where we have been able to resolve a complaint within three business days, we will issue a Summary Resolution Communication explaining that we believe the complaint to be resolved. This will include details of how to escalate the case if you remain dissatisfied.
- Final Response Letter– Once we have completed an investigation, we will issue our Final Response Letter to you. This will detail the complaint, explain our investigation, and confirm our findings. The Final Response letter will either ‘Uphold’ your complaint or ‘Reject’ your complaint and explain why. If there is any settlement or redress awarded, an explanation of how this was calculated will also be included.
Should you still be unhappy with our response, Blue Chilli Car Contracts Ltd, Trading As Blue Chilli Car Leasing is a member of the BVRLA who are approved by Government as a Consumer ADR body under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015.
Unresolved disputes may be referred to the BVRLA by either the customer or the member involved.
Emails should be submitted by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to email, details can be sent by post to:
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
The BVRLA will aim to resolve the matter using the information presented by both parties to the dispute. Any information requested from the member should be sent to the BVRLA within five working days. Based on the information available, the BVRLA will present both parties with its findings and recommendations.
The BVRLA aims to resolve complaints through the Conciliation service within 30 days.
Blue Chilli Car Leasing as a member of the BVRLA must comply with the Conciliation Service’s findings.
If you have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. You should write to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, Isle of Dogs, London E14 9SR. Telephone 0800 023 4567.
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page of our website.